The CUNY SPH Center for Immigrant, Refugee and Global Health (CIRGH) and the NYC Pandemic Response Institute invite leaders and staff of migrant-serving (and related) organizations in New York City and State to join us for a webinar on October 18, 2023 from 9:30-11:00 am EST.
This webinar will focus on efforts to develop the workforce of migrant-serving organizations (MSOs) in New York City and State. The objectives of the conversation are to:
- Highlight the workforce challenges faced by MSOs in NYC/S
- Describe opportunities available to MSOs in NYC/S in response to these challenges
- The state of organizations in New York City with Ansley Hobbs, Researcher with the Community Convening and Learning Team at the NYC Pandemic Response Institute
- Insights on NYIC programming designed to strengthen the capacity of community-based organizations and respond to the specific needs of vulnerable populations with Kiwi Brady, Director of Member Services and Leadership Development at the New York Immigrant Coalition.
- Presentation on a pilot program in which the NYS Public Health Corps’ is matching interested MSOs with qualified public health corps volunteers to increase the immediate health-focused service capacity of organizations with Erin Knoerl, Director of the NYS Public Health Corps
- A review workforce development efforts available throughout the state with Keshana Owens-Cody, Workforce Director at the NYS Department of Health
- Panel discussion and Q&A on the needs and priorities or organizations.